Many years ago the Women's Wednesday Fellowship was formed to provide a meeting point for the women of, and around, the church who undertook the more traditional activities of the time of homemaking and child-caring.
Such a group has stayed together, whilst lifestyle changes have occurred which have seen women taking on full time jobs. Such changes resulted in little "new blood" coming in to ensure a spread of young and old in the group.
In order to keep the group viable, a decision was taken to rename it as the Wednesday Fellowship, and to make it open to men as well as women. Following this change a few years ago, it has been meeting very succesfully under this banner.
Meetings take place every fortnight during March - July, and September - December, in Wellspring at 2.15p.m. unless otherwise stated.
Programme for 2018
No meetings in August
- March 7th
- Introductory Talk - Rev Graham Gee
- March 21st
- India and Nepal - Angela Atkin
- April 4th
- Afternoon of relaxation - Diana Thomas
- April 18th
- Coventry's greatest benefactor - Sir Thomas White- Michael Harris
- May 2nd
- May 16th
- Jane Austen - Sheila Woolf
- May 30th
- History of Patchwork - Jane Cobbett
- June 13th
- Line Dancing display - Sheila Maries and friends
- June 27th
- July 11th
- Summer Melodies - Penny Harper & choir "Omnium Gatherum"
- July 25th
- Cream Tea and "Bring & Buy"
- September 5th
- September 19th
- Harvest & auction of gifts
- October 3rd
- The Kaleidoscope Singers - Patricia Harker
- October 17th
- October 31st
- Govind Life-Style Centre - Jean Throne
- November 14th
- Law and Disorder - Gordon Thomas
- November 28th
- A glimpse into my parents lives - Ilse Wilson
- December 12th
- Christmas celebrations, Carols and Mince Pies