Many years ago the Women's Wednesday Fellowship was formed to provide a meeting point for the women of, and around, the church who undertook the more traditional activities of the time of homemaking and child-caring.
Such a group has stayed together, whilst lifestyle changes have occurred which have seen women taking on full time jobs. Such changes resulted in little "new blood" coming in to ensure a spread of young and old in the group.
In order to keep the group viable, a decision was taken to rename it as the Wednesday Fellowship, and to make it open to men as well as women. Following this change a few years ago, it has been meeting very succesfully under this banner.
Meetings take place every fortnight during March - July, and September - December, in Wellspring at 2.15p.m. unless otherwise stated.
Programme for 2019
No meetings in August
- March 6th
- Musings of a Minister - Rev Graham Gee
- March 20th
- April 3rd
- April 17th
- Members' afternoon, an outstanding memory
- May 1st
- May 15th
- A Coventry boyhood in WW2 - Michael Harris
- May 29th
- An afternoon with Alison and Graham Gee
- June 12th
- "Thanks Shanks" - David Kershaw
- June 26th
- July 10th
- Lady Godiva revisited - Pru Poretta
- July 24th
- Cream Tea and "Bring & Auction"
- September 4th
- My journey through Life - John Wilson
- September 18th
- Fire Safety in the Home - West Midlands Fire Service
- October 2nd
- Harvest and Auction of Gifts
- October 16th
- October 30th
- Driving Buses in London - Jean Throne
- November 13th
- Resource Center for the Blind - Hugh Sorrill
- November 27th
- Christmas Miscellany - Penny Harper & Omnium Gatherum
- December 11th
- Carol Service and Mince Pies